Cool demo

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
Check out this cool demo combining automation and projection.
http://www.botndolly.com/box
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Obviously portions will only look cool from a very specific perspective, but some of the other forced perspective animations should look cool from other angles as well.

What I want to know is how on earth did someone get access to all that REALLY expensive equipment to make this little video?

AMAZING!

Here's one done by a friend of mine.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What I want to know is how on earth did someone get access to all that REALLY expensive equipment to make this little video?

AMAZING!
It was made by a company that owns and rents industrial robotic arms for automating scenic elements and cameras on film shoots so they already had all the expensive gear. It also bears noting that the camera was on an arm as well and this video would not have been possible without carefully matching the camera position to rendered content. From other perspectives in the room, the effect would be much less effective

It was made by a company that owns and rents industrial robotic arms for automating scenic elements and cameras on film shoots so they already had all the expensive gear. It also bears noting that the camera was on an arm as well and this video would not have been possible without carefully matching the camera position to rendered content. From other perspectives in the room, the effect would be much less effective
Here's a blog post from one of the creators. Certain effects are only possible from the single perspective, as @metti indicated. Some of the forced perspective shots would work from a multitude of angles, but would appear differently from various points of view as your mind would attempt to conceptualize it as a three dimensional object.

I was thinking that. There are moments when the camera is moving like it's handheld, but when the title cards would illuminate on the floor it went rock-solid. Very cool effect nevertheless!!

I was thinking that. There are moments when the camera is moving like it's handheld, but when the title cards would illuminate on the floor it went rock-solid. Very cool effect nevertheless!!
I suspect the handheld looking shots are also done with a robotic arm that has been programmed using a trainer interface that preserves some of the natural human variation.

I suspect the handheld looking shots are also done with a robotic arm that has been programmed using a trainer interface that preserves some of the natural human variation.
Watch the behind the scenes for it that is linked at the end of the video.

Once I was asked (20 yrs ago) what my favorite lighting fixture was? I replied an LCD projector . . . . . . But honestly . . . . I had no idea where they would go . . . . This makes me think what else can it be used for in live theater?

I have to respect and love the creative minds that put this together.

Last edited:
Once I was asked (20 yrs ago) what my favorite lighting fixture was? I replied an LCD projector . . . . . . But honestly . . . . I had no idea where they would go . . . . This makes me think what else can it be used for in live theater?

I can think of one great example. Here's another. Automation and projection nicely blended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back