Couple of minor issues: Ion magic sheets

Good afternoon(or whatever the time is where you are) everyone!

I'm currently working with an ETC Ion(old faithful lol) and I've tried making some programming Buttons on a Magic Sheet to speed up the keystroke process. Essentially I'll use a example. There's a macro button in the magic sheet labeled 'Record Group' there's identical buttons for subs, CPs, IPs FPs and BPs. The macro was done from blind mode and is as such:

[Record] [Group] [Wait_For_Enter] [Label] [Wait_For_Enter] [Clear_Cmd]

The objective is to have the command line cleared after I finish labeling the Target(s). I've tried changing the [Wait_For_Enter] to [Wait]. I tried assigning a second delay afterwards to clear the command line but still no luck.

Another issue I'm repeatedly running into is I've created Absolute Color Effects and in the Action sections(1&2) I've selected the Primary Red(1) and Primary Green(2) for the levels. I'm using ETC Series 2 Lustrs in HSIC Str +7(15 but address). I would only like for it to go between the Reds and Greens but I'm always getting the mixing colors. Is there a way to make that possible?

The Color Effect example looks like this:
Action: Parameters: Step Time: Time: Dwell: Level:
1. (2) (1) (1) Primary Red
2. (2) (1) (1) Primary Green

The levels are set from Color Palettes I recorded by-type for the Lustrs. However I get color mixing between.

With regards to the first problem, macro execution ends when you have a label command, so the clear_cmd never gets executed.

It's a common problem that keeps coming up in various forums, where macros work fine then a label command is inserted and suddenly it stops working.

With regards to the first problem, macro execution ends when you have a label command, so the clear_cmd never gets executed.

It's a common problem that keeps coming up in various forums, where macros work fine then a label command is inserted and suddenly it stops working.

Well THANK YOU SO MUCH. I've been hitting that brick wall intentionally trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. So in knowing the label part is the issue I'll just suck it up and clear the command line myself(I'm just too lazy lol). But honestly thank you. I've only really gotten into macros and more in depth stuff in February but I felt that I tried everything to make the recording macros properly they just weren't working properly. Glad to know it wasn't necessarily because I did wrong.

I can't remember (and I'm not at a console to check) whether you can break it up into a macro to record the group, a macro to label it, and a macro to run the other two macros. I suspect not.

If you have a Facebook account there are a couple of good groups that are worth joining - ETC Eos Family Console Programmers (there are a few very knowledgeable people in there) and ETC Eos Family Macros and Magic Sheets, which is quieter.

Well THANK YOU SO MUCH. I've been hitting that brick wall intentionally trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. So in knowing the label part is the issue I'll just suck it up and clear the command line myself(I'm just too lazy lol). But honestly thank you. I've only really gotten into macros and more in depth stuff in February but I felt that I tried everything to make the recording macros properly they just weren't working properly. Glad to know it wasn't necessarily because I did wrong.
Why specifically are you looking to clear the command line?

I'm not sure if you can label from such a macro, but have you tried setting it to background mode?

It's because running the macro a second time would cause syntax error otherwise. But after joining the Facebook eos family group it seems not entirely impossible but it's much easier to manually clear the command line. It wasn't a critical thing just thought it would be nice to clear the command line within the macro.

If you don't need input, then you can run the macro in background and it won't appear on the command line. Doesn't help in this example but worth knowing for when you can run it in background - I have my lamp on and off macros run in background, for example.

Last edited:
It's because running the macro a second time would cause syntax error otherwise. But after joining the Facebook eos family group it seems not entirely impossible but it's much easier to manually clear the command line. It wasn't a critical thing just thought it would be nice to clear the command line within the macro.
Reproducing your macro, I see no syntax error if you run the command a second time. Once you've labeled it the command is terminated, and typing anything else (including the beginning of the next macro) starts a fresh command line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back