Crap, I just bought 18 mac 101's..

Well, If you're looking for something to do with the 101's...

And Martin does it again. This is exactly what I thought the fixture would be given their teaser video that they put up. I didn't expect it to be this, though, I thought there would be some kind of catch. This is awesome. Also - the flight case is a 6-pack not an 8-pack so I think it's a bit bigger than the 101s. Not much, but bigger. Same form factor base though, I think. The yoke just goes wider past the base. I cannot wait till Martin brings this one by our shop for a demo!

I am curious what the photometrics are going to look like at the flood vs spot in the zooms. I have seen the 101's and like them, but with as narrow a lense as they have, I can't find a good purpose for something like that outside of just looking nice in haze.

Well,
They will be out on tour for a couple of years, with a children's show.
After that you never know.
Although I suppose I will now buy these instead for my next show,
The Designer ended up using 12 them for scenic specials, due to my 45' throw, as well as eye candy along the front of the stage.
Looked excellent, and the 101's looked much brighter than the HES Color Pro's they replaced.

Are they on all the shows, SS is coming in my building next month.

You'll have to talk about it when it comes in. I am really curious about it and want to see some information on them and nice pictures/video.

Michael,
How was the show and crew? (Honest information would be appreciated)
Any thoughts?
Thanks,

Most excellent show crew. They were very easy to work with, knowledgable, not a problem. I liked the Martins, they looked pretty sharp, they cut through the stage wash much better than I would have expected. As with most LEDs that I have seen they look good on things but as well on people, or at least as compared to conventional stage wash. Of course, since they light mostly the set, ceiling or characters that isn't an issue.

Thanks Michael,
Glad the crew was good for you, I appreciate the information.

To make your stage I had to get creative. We bought a new stage two years ago but as usual they didn't ask me what I needed so I have to add in old stage. Bruce came by the day before load-in to OK what I was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back