Crew Scheduling Software

Mattz

I am looking for a good Crew Scheduling software. I have been searching for the right one, but for all the programs out there, theater seems to be the square peg in the round hole. I am TD of a touring house so our schedule goes form basic work calls to assigned duty calls for shows. Is anyone using a program or system they are happy with? I am working through emails and Excel. But I would prefer something more time saving.

I know this post is tragically old, but I am now in the same position. Really could use good software or even a spreadsheet template to aid in scheduling crews for shows, usually 2-3 a week plus special projects. We are everyone's second job so tracking their availability and responses would be extraordinarily helpful.

Ideas? I'll come back and post if I have any strokes of genius!

Have you considered using a Google calendar? It is possible to set up separate calendars for each of your team members and consolidate them.

It's targeted towards the restaurant business, but I came across ScheduleFly while signing up to volunteer for something a while ago. If you can justify the $30/month it's a very slick solution.

I've heard several accounts of Google Calendar being implemented successfully in a business situation, though I've never heard yea or nay with regards to theatre. I should think it would work pretty well.

one of my side jobs uses staffeasy and i haven't had a problem with it. bot sure how much it costs though

We use ArtsVision - but it may have a load more features than you need. We do EVERYTHING with it - room scheduling, call sheets, crew scheduling, orchestra scheduling, it's our address book, all project information is stored within it (so that when we re-schedule an opera we did five years ago, all the production info is right there), music library info, the lot.

My guess is the OP found what they were looking for but I'll add www.whentowork.com
It has worked for one of my venues fairly well.

So our Union is looking at alternative to Call Steward. Our biggest complaint is how slow it is to fill a call, and no option to auto-fill shifts. Does anyone have any information on something that would work similarly but give us the option to auto-fill calls. It becomes a pain for us to check every few hours to remove declines and add new to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back