The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Cubase or Pro Tools

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by Hughesie, Jun 14, 2007.

?

Pro Tools or Cubase

1. Cubase

33.3%
  2. Pro Tools

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hughesie

Hughesie Well-Known Member

Freelance Lighting Programmer/grandMA Trainer
    take a side let's find out which is more used by controlbooth members

they both claim to be the industry standard

2. Thefoxygranpa

Thefoxygranpa Active Member

I'm going for Protools. I own both of these pieces of software and protools was easier for me to get the hang of, plus I think it offers more.

3. mbenonis

mbenonis Wireless Guy Administrator Premium Member

Radio Engineer
    Neither. I use Digital Performer to create sound cues (I assume that's what you're asking about).

4. SHARYNF

SHARYNF Well-Known Member

Here's my .02

Protools is by far the standard, for better or worse, if you learn it, most of the pro setups will all have it.

On the other hand, Personally I prefer Nuendo3 or Sonar with a RME interface

Sharyn

5. PadawanGeek

PadawanGeek Active Member

Protools is industry-standard. Personally, I like Adobe Audition.

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I've gotten used to cubease because stripped down version of it came with my recording equipment. I've never really worked with protools, although before I bought my recording equipment I downloaded Trial versions of ProTools, Cubease, and Sonar, and Sonar won out in my comparison. In the end however, my vote has to go to cubease, simply because I use it, however I agree that I dont think it's quite an industry standard at the moment.

7. The_Guest

The_Guest Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

While protools is certainly recognized by the rest of the world, I've found the low-end versions (LE) to be overpriced and limiting. Protools make sense on a midrange or highend scale, but the name isn't really that necessary. I personally like Digital Performer the best. It's affordable and does just about everything protools (except the obvious feature or proprietary gizmo).

Logic is also really nice. Very user friendly and lots of neat little plugins and features. Very stable and smooth. Not as much of a technical DAW like protools or DP.

Cubase is solid, but doesn't have all the technical specs of some of the big guys, thus it can be a little limiting. If it were business related, I would never opt to use it, but for home use, I totally would. It's easy, comfortable, fun, and affordable.

There are many free open source waveform editors that do a good job as well. Audacity is pretty darn amazing for $0.00.

8. highschooltech

highschooltech Active Member

Pro tools is the industry standard. I personally don't like it. It is very temperamental and tends to not work when you absolutely need it to.

9. Thefoxygranpa

Thefoxygranpa Active Member

I've had my protools system for over a year and have absolutely no problems with it. You have to tweak it so it runs best on your computer, but other than that it has been flawless.