Custom Gobos

Tech Ninja

This may have been discussed in an earlier thread, but I couldn't find it. Someone in our department has access to it laser cutter and has offered to make us custom gobos as needed. Is there anywhere to buy Gobo blanks that are cut to size, or else what material should we purchase to cut these from? I can't seem to find exact specs anywhere. For now I'm planning on putting them in a source four.
TIA

This may have been discussed in an earlier thread, but I couldn't find it. Someone in our department has access to a laser cutter and has offered to make us custom gobos as needed. Is there anywhere to buy Gobo blanks that are cut to size, or else what material should we purchase to cut these from? I can't seem to find exact specs anywhere. For now I'm planning on putting them in a source four.
TIA
@Tech Ninja I'll bet @GreyWyvern &/or @Kelite from Apollo could answer your query.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Would the laser cutter go through brass shim stock? I remember "back in the day" we used to acid burn some of our own gobos using that and a resist material on the brass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back