CXI "Roll Call" Error

Hello,

In my rig, there are 10 CXI color scrollers, 5 going each of two Coloram II power supplies. When power is turned on, the SL side acts as you would expect, all 5 fixtures roll through the scrollers and "home." On the other side, all fixtures blink "roll call" and do not home. They are essentially stuck in the "roll call" stage without ever scrolling through which is typical at powering on.

We have tried switching the power supplies, no luck. We have tried switching the four pin going from the Coloram II to the first scroller, no luck.

Any suggestions?

Hello Jess,

My first thought would be to check the DMX line running into the power supply box on SR.

If you used both control boxes to no effect, check and make sure the SR box will correctly function if you plug it into the SL side and if it's working fine then you just need to check the DMX cable running into the box. If that doesn't fix the problem then scroll through the menu on the control box and tell it to reboot. Basically your box is powering the scroller units, but not telling them to call in and get signal.

Hello Jess,

My first thought would be to check the DMX line running into the power supply box on SR.

If you used both control boxes to no effect, check and make sure the SR box will correctly function if you plug it into the SL side and if it's working fine then you just need to check the DMX cable running into the box. If that doesn't fix the problem then scroll through the menu on the control box and tell it to reboot. Basically your box is powering the scroller units, but not telling them to call in and get signal.
Thanks for your response. It ended up being a bad four pin between scroller two and three, making the rest of them not home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back