da_Sound - Command Line Driven Audio Player

00AVD

I've created an application that plays audio files using command line parameters. "That's not very novel" I hear you say! But... da_Sound is more than your average audio player. Basically, it has a list of audio files, each with a description and file name along with individual settings for volume, pan (balance), pitch (speed), loop and output. Think of it as a (very) cut down version of MultiPlay.

Each sound can be played, paused, resumed and stopped independently. This allows you to have (for example) background tracks that loop by themselves, as well as "Spot FX" sounds. You can have many overlapping sounds - perfect for Halloween, or perhaps a unique Christmas display.

da_Sound is hosted on the AVD web site here along with my other freeware offerings.

Yes, you are missing something. This program is for triggering sound effects from other software that only supports launching other programs.

Quite simply, they do light sequencing (for Christmas / Halloween), but have no (or limited) audio support. They can however launch exe (or batch) files as part of the sequence. This way, they can call my program and play / pause / stop audio tracks.

Yes, you are missing something. This program is for triggering sound effects from other software that only supports launching other programs.

Quite simply, they do light sequencing (for Christmas / Halloween), but have no (or limited) audio support. They can however launch exe (or batch) files as part of the sequence. This way, they can call my program and play / pause / stop audio tracks.

Ohhhh. That makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back