Difference between LeMaitre Neutron XS and Neutron Pro?

thesigma

Can't find much on the neutron pro.

I own three Neutron XS, 1 not working right. 2 I use at my church and am going to sell to them. I picked up a Neutron Pro on Ebay, not realizing it was not an XS. It arrived yesterday in a beat up box but seems to work, other than the output is "bursty", not smooth and continuos as with the XS's I have. Also the heater is way different and the air pump looks like it may have been replaced (the guy said it was recently serviced). It does not have the bottle like the XS, but looks like it should have it. I'm not sure exaclty how they work, but i think the bottle is just ike a pressure storage tank, and maybe it is bursty because this is missing. or maybe it just still needs to prime....

I ran it about 15 minutes in my house till I couldn't see anymore.......

Is that normal?

My non working XS gives a blink code, the one for the thermocouple. It is attached still. any suggestions? possible the plug just needs cleaned? I read on here about using a piece of wire to tie it down to the tube if it gets disconnected, Maybe that would help? I'd like to have two working units for my personal rig after I sell the two to the church.

Thanks!

EDIT: PS, anyone used the Non LeMaitre brand fluid? Froggy's Fog makes one it's cheaper but I have only used the LeMaitre. Gonna have to order some soon (Theese things do sip the juice though, won't need to order again for some time). Also, will that stuff freeze? I'd like to be able to sore them in the shed, but it's not heated.....

Last edited:
No one?

Anyone have a picture of the inside of a neutron pro?

I could only find one in google image search, and it has the cover on but the heater tube sticking out looks like the XS, and the PRO I have does not. The heater was replaced though, according to the seller. Again it does seem to work but the haze output is not smooth. Also this heater is a coiled tube, not sure how I would use the abrazor tool to clean it when the time comes....

Try contacting the service department at Ultratec. They should be able to describe the difference. The part lists show quite a few differences but that doesn't give any clues about how they perform.

If you have any questions - please feel free to contact Customer Service at [email protected] or by phone at 866-534-5551.

Try contacting the service department at Ultratec. They should be able to describe the difference. The part lists show quite a few differences but that doesn't give any clues about how they perform.

Thanks...Wonder why that part of the ultratec sie never came up in any of my dozens of searches over the last 2 years....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back