Digital mixers are getting cheaper and cheaper

taptotweet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These look promising, especially for fixed installs. I wouldn't mix a show off a touch screen, but I know people who swear by them...

For $249 (USD) you get a 4mic/4line digital mixer completely controlled by a web interface. There are also 12, 16 and 24 channel versions available priced at $499, $699 and $999 respectively.

Thoughts?

Interesting, if they could give each device connected it's own control it would make a cheap alternative to aviom. It has a lot of possibilities for corporate, weddings, small bands where you don't need a big mixer and running a snake gets in the way. With this and wireless DMX you could have a totally clean FOH.

I haven't heard from anyone who's had a chance to play with or hear one of the uMix mixers yet and the information on their web site does not seem to address the actual audio performance such as whether inputs and outputs are balanced, the input and output levels, etc.. FWIW, for permanent installs most people usually prefer to have the audio connectivity on the rear panel, the units they show look rather awkward to wire in a rack with the current format unless you mount them to the rear rack rail.

Looks really cool, but my biggest worry is what happens when the web browser crashes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back