Control/Dimming Dimming problems

jobbers12

I'm currently doing a production using a 12/24 lighting console. I have to dimmers and I would like to plug them both into the same console. The board is running in wide mode and have no idea which bank the dimmers need to be on to run 24 lights through the console. The dimmers are currently linked together via a DMX lead. The first dimmer in the link is on bank 1 and is running the lights on channels 1-12 and I need to know what bank the second dimmer needs to be on to run channels 13-24. By the way both dimmers are 12 channels each and are both Jands.

Thanks any help would be apprechiated! :)

Can you please give us more information about the console, such as the manufacturer and model?

Also, have you properly addressed your second dimmer pack to start at DMX address 13?

The console I am 12/24 jester ml24 and I am using two jands dimmers. I can't remember the makes of them of the top of my head but other dimmers I use usually have dmx addressing but these two only have bank select which I haven't used before. I have tried putting it to bank 13 but this doesn't work. I will find out of the make of the dimmers when I go in next. The bank select is only two numbers so it is not like normal dmx addressing.

Thanks for your help.

If the dimmer packs have 12 dimmers to a package, and the first 12 work on bank 1, you might try bank 2 for the second set.
Many of the early microplex and some of the early AMX and DMX dimmer racks, had start addresses that were multiples of the number of dimmers in the pack/rack.
So if the Jands dimmers are following that logic, bank 1 would have a start address of 1 and continue through 12, bank 2 would have a start address of 13 and continue through 24. Just a thought and worth a try.

Sounds like Jands roadpack or the like. Addressing will be in blocks of 12, so bank 1 will be 1-12 and bank 2 is 13-24, based on the normal Jands logic...
Generally a 12/24 in wide mode here in Aus will run channels 1-24 without option to reassign.
So set one dimmer to bank1, the other to bank 2 and you should be sweet...

thanks guys I will try it when I get into the place next.

Chris is correct, however you also need to switch rack 1 to "thru" and rack 2 to "terminate", if the terminate switch is on, on rack 1, the signal will not get through to rack 2.

Hey thanks, It worked perfectly and i finished programing the show. It's great.

Thanks everyone for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back