Disneyland Get's ready for the holidays

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
They just finished decorating Disneyland for Christmas and this year a news crew was allowed on site late at night to cover the story. There are some pictures and a great video located here on the Orange County Register's site.

As this story suggests, Disneyland is a VERY busy place after hours. I believe it takes a couple weeks to get it decorated for Christmas in the middle of the night. There is an army of people who work nights setting things up, rehearsing, and preparing for future events. Disney is always mixing things up changing the parades and other big spectacle events. This requires weeks of rehearsal in the middle of the night... performing shows for no one until they are perfect. A technician may start their shift in the evening for something like a performance or parade, then stay all night long rehearsing an upcoming show and doing tech work on things all over the park. It's a rather interesting place to say the least.

...and a LOT of those guys and gals are pretty tired right now, even though the whole place is going off right. now. in the middle of the night 'cause it all opens tomorrow.

Or so I've heard.

From the article cited:
As night turned to dawn, technicians were tinkering to get the tree’s programmable lighting system working.
I think we should start calling all Lighting Programmers "tinkerers."

I'd love a behind the scenes tour, but I hear those are VERY hard to come by.

On an unrelated note, funny how one offhand remark by the first commenter at the site turns all the following into a vitriolic discussion of public displays of religion.

Two can play that game

I wonder if Disneyland puts up a Festivus pole somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back