Mixers/Consoles DM2k User Assignable Remote Layer Scene Sesitivity

Hello All!

First time poster, long time lurker. I'm setting up and running a nonmusical with 12 RF mics on a DM2000. The venue ended up supplying a Yamaha DM2000 and I was hoping to use a user assignable remote layer to bring up mics active in the scene and have their placement on the remote layer change as needed with scene changes. I foolishly thought this would be inherent, but it's obvioulsy not. Does anyone have an idea how I could achieve this?

Unfortunately, what you hope to do is not possible on the DM2000, as user assigned remote layer layouts are not stored in scene automation data. Within each remote layer, however, there are four banks available, in which you can store unique layouts. With four remote layers with four banks each, this gives you 16 possible layouts that you can create. Switching between them won't be the easiest, so you probably will want to set up some UDK's to streamline this process.

Unfortunately, what you hope to do is not possible on the DM2000, as user assigned remote layer layouts are not stored in scene automation data. Within each remote layer, however, there are four banks available, in which you can store unique layouts. With four remote layers with four banks each, this gives you 16 possible layouts that you can create. Switching between them won't be the easiest, so you probably will want to set up some UDK's to streamline this process.
I thought this might be the case, since I scoured the manual and board for an option. The bank option was a possible backup for me, but I'll have to run through the script and see if doing it pseudo analog style will work out better. Thanks for the help!

I do not know if this can be done. feed the inputs to the custom layer fom insert/direct outs from the dedicated layers with the relevant direct outs/isnert sends and switch the inputs per scene?

Andre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back