The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Earthworks Kick pad

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by Grottfather, May 13, 2006.

1. Grottfather

Grottfather Member

Has anyone heard of these? I found out about them today and am not sure what i think of them. Are they plausible? Do they really make that much of a diffence.. Better yet has anyone used them.. Just wanna know what you all think..

Thanks,
    Tony G

2. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I have never heard of this thing, let alone tried it, however I would initially be rather skeptical especialy with a mic not made for high SPL. If you have a flimsy mic being used for a kick, you are not going to get a very clean signal going into this thing so it's not going to have a good signal to work with in the first place. The other thing is that at $100, for just abit more money you can buy a real kick drum mic.

All that being said, doing a quick google... some other people have good reviews of it out there, so I dono. I would certainly want a good listen to it before I went out and bought one.

3. Grottfather

Grottfather Member

Thanks.. but it seems that no one knows anything about it.
    41 views and 1 response thats not a good sign!

4. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Haha, and I dont really know anything aobut it either... iI just replied anyway! :)

5. mbandgeek

mbandgeek Active Member

are you talking about a pedalboard?

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

No, I dont think he is... google "Earthworks Kick pad" to see what it is... it's a rather unique little inline barrel.

7. audioslavematt

audioslavematt Active Member

I've never used one, but I don't like the looks. If I were you, I would get a generic kick mic.