EAW SB528ZR Dual 18" Subs. Can you tell me about them?

Anyone here have these in their arsenal? There is a pair locally for sale. Each cabinet is missing one driver. The cabinets are in very nice condition. I have some JBL drivers I can put in temporarily.

I have done some searching but haven't found much info on them. I did not find any reviews.

Anyone know about them. They look to be priced pretty low.

Thanks, I read the specs. And found some used ones at $1440 each.

Maybe someone owns a set and can give a first hand experience. At the price of used ones I couldn't pass this set up so I grabbed them. I thought they might be sold if I took my time.

It was a pretty good deal at $250 for the PAIR.

Guess I will have to test them out myself.

thx for the links

By the way. I got these from a guy that bought a storage locker....like the shows on TV. He knew nothing about them and wanted them gone. He already recouped his money off the locker and was wanting them gone... good for me!!!

Last edited:
Anyone here have these in their arsenal? There is a pair locally for sale. Each cabinet is missing one driver. The cabinets are in very nice condition. I have some JBL drivers I can put in temporarily.
The boxes are made for specific drivers and especially since you already have one original driver in each box you'd want to match those, either an exact model match or a match for as many of the numerous driver parameters as possible. The SB528z is still a current model, the "R" is the rental/touring version versus the "P" permanent install versions, so service parts including replacement drivers are probably available. Or maybe put both original drivers in one box and have one fully functional box. Of course I'd be concerned about why they are each missing a driver and whether the drivers in them are any good.

If you look at http://www.eaw.com/docs/1_Current_Products/SB/Spec_Sheets/SB528zP_SPECS_revA.pdf you'll note that getting the specified performance or anything close to it requires processing. The recommended initial processor settings can be found at http://www.eaw.com/docs/1_Current_Products/SB/Processor_Settings/Subwoofer_PROCS_rev2.pdf.

The $3,000 SoundBroker listing seems to actually be more than full retail price for new boxes, I find new ones apparently going for as low as $2,000 while eBay recently had a new pair of SB528zR listed for $3,675.

I recall one discussion on a forum where the general consensus seemed to be that they needed plenty of power to perform their best and also that they could be used singly but worked best when used in multiples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back