Mixers/Consoles EFX Processor and GB4

Edrick

Premium Member
When using an effects processor on a soundcraft gb4 and the insert is there a way to choose either to send a dry or wet mix to an aux output for a stage monitor?

What's your usual setup for adding effects? I just need it on one channel for a singer.

I was actually just about to ask, as this is being done for a vocalist. Should I just take an aux send into the processor then return it and mix it with the dry for the main out. I myself haven't had to deal with effects before so this part is new to me.

Then I can also just send the dry mix to the monitor

Some effects processors allow you to create a variable wet/dry mix in the processor, in which case that could be used on the insert. However, I actually prefer using an aux send and returning that into a channel or aux return as it allows easily varying the wet/dry mix on the fly.

The Direct Out on the GB4 is not only pre-fader but apparently also pre-EQ and pre-mute, thus adjusting either the main channel or effects return channel level would vary the wet/dry mix, muting the main input channel would not mute the related effects and the effects send would be the unequalized signal. Especially if the effects are reveb, delay, etc. then I would tend to use a post-fade aux so that not only is the effects processor seeing the equalized signal but also so that the main channel level does not affect the wet/dry mix and the main channel mute also mutes the effects signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back