Elation PowerSpot 575 Lamp Igniter

Ethan Martinez

Hi,
Has anyone ever had an Elation Design Spot 575 E igniter click after the lamp is hot? I have heard the igniter click when just lamping on, but not after the initial lamp on command. The lamp was previously flickering after warming up, I replaced the igniter to avoid having to replace the $900 ballast which stopped the flickering of the lamp, but now the igniter is clicking continuously.

Update.... The title of the thread says PowerSpot, the fixture in question is a Design Spot... My mistake.

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
Couple of things can cause this. The ignitor circuit monitors the voltage across the lamp and fires when the voltage goes high, which would usually means the lamp is not lit. So, why when the lamp is lit?
1) Lamp itself could be defective or has a bad ribbon connection leading into the blister.
2) Lamp base or wiring at lamp has a bad connection.
3) bad wiring harness or connector into the ballast
4) Bad sense circuit on the ignitor.
5) bad ballast.
Go for the simple stuff first. Since the lamp was flickering, swap a different lamp in there.

Update and second question.... I replaced the lamp in the fixture with a Philips MSR Gold 575 (the recommend lamp) and it would not strike the lamp. Then replaced the Philips with the Osram (hti 575 W/D5/D6) equivalent and suddenly no problems. Why would this be the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back