Elation Wash Pro LED fixture issues

Dcrawf1

Hello, have long been a browser of control booth but this is my first time posting. Hoping to get a little help..

Our church currently has a stage setup of 8 stage pieces with screen door mesh on them being illuminated by Elation Wash PRO fixtures. We were using 6 stage pieces but made 2 more of them, so we bought two more wash PRO fixtures.

One of the new fixtures starting malfunctioning. It will "flicker", or come off and then on again. At the same time it's doing that, it moves to the right and down momentarily, then returns to it's programmed position. It's like some kind of glitch.. almost as if it is receiving some rogue command.

We are controlling them via WDMX. We've got an ETC Ion console that we hooked up an Elation WDMX module to, which connects to the fixtures onstage.

Any help would be great!

That sounds an awful lot like a bad dmx signal. I would check your cabling, but it sounds like the only parts you have of that are from the board to the transmitter. Other than that, you can try addressing that fixture to a different address (the same as one of your other fixtures) and see if the problem follows the fixture. Otherwise, it sounds like a problem with the fixture.

Did that, actually. And I thought it was actually fixed. It seems to be an intermittent issue. So, even after setting it to a different address which was a different channel on the console, still had the problem. Waiting for Elation to answer their phone.

Unfortunately, when you work at a church there is always a tight deadline. Sunday's comin' fast.... :p

They're in California, so you'll have better luck after noon. Due to the fact that it is only one fixture, it leads me to believe that there's a problem with that one. Have you tried plugging it into the dmx out of one of the other fixtures? I'm not familiar with elations wireless protocols, but most fixtures that receive wireless (and I seem to remember one of my salesmen specifying a system like this) will output regular dmx out of their ports after they receive it wirelessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back