Entertainment engineering?

silicsound

Has anyone heard anything about the entertainment engineering major at UNLV? I'm curious because it seems like a very new and small program. And I'm trying to figure out if I should go get a major in entertainment engineering with an emphasis in robotics, or get a double major in technical theatre and electrical engineering at CSU fullerton or San Diego State University. I'm graduating with an AA in technical theatre this semester, and I've already been accepted by all three universities. I just can't figure out which is the best choice.

I was thinking of going into automation or special effects. Or something where I get to build weird and awsome things.

Last edited:
Are you looking at doing more show-by-show design work or working for a manufacturer developing new automation systems?

In either case, I would be cautious of an "entertainment engineering" degree, as people looking to hire you may not understand it. Personally, I think a EE degree, with a lot of experience running shows (not necessarily double majoring) would give you a much better options.

Are you looking at doing more show-by-show design work or working for a manufacturer developing new automation systems?

In either case, I would be cautious of an "entertainment engineering" degree, as people looking to hire you may not understand it. Personally, I think a EE degree, with a lot of experience running shows (not necessarily double majoring) would give you a much better options.

I took some of the pioneering EE classes when I was at UNLV. Its an intriguing look at how our worlds intertwine headed up by a former USITT president who has ties to every major show on the Las Vegas strip. If you're looking to get into that kind of show I think your best choices are SDSU or UNLV out of those you've listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back