Equity, League Agree on new PC

Jay Ashworth

Actors Equity Association and the Broadway League have agreed on a new production contract, which will be sent out to equity members for a vote, this news story being from December 1st but I don't see it here.

In an unrelated story, I have also seen a squib suggesting that Local one will be doing an... Apprenticeship Test I think it was called, in the first part of next year, and I'm looking for more details on that.

As a funny story about the Local One apprenticeship test, my wife and I had a friend worked in the business, stage electrician, general stagehand work, etc.... only somewhat serious about it. My wife met him in Junior College, described him as a complete goofball at that age in his life. Billy then takes the 1 apprenticeship test , sometime around mid 80's ?, cannot recall, gets called up a few years later and is immediately outside in winter in the Bronx, changing light bulbs on movie marques. Something he hates and moans about constantly, when he called me for advice as to whether he should stick it out. I cut him a new a**hole and told him he was an idiot if he quits. A few decades go by without us hearing from Bill, I finally look him up on FB. Turns out he did get his Local One card and immediatley got picked up on this new Broadway show called Phantom of the Opera. He retired off that in 2019, 31 years later. Goofball indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back