ETC confirms integrated visualizer

This could mean any number of things. It could be something they actively have in the works just as much as it could be a good idea they've got on their ideas list for R&D. It could be something internal they're building from scratch or a partnering with an existing visualizer developer. I'd reserve getting too excited about anything until they've made a formal announcement with an expected release date.

ETC used to have WYSIWYG integrated with Expression consoles (Emphasis). A current client still has it and loves aiming his moving lights by clicking in the 3D model.

It's not surprising that regaining those features would be on a list somewhere.

I can't read the twitter link as it's blocked here at work.

The Congo & Cobalt have integated Visualisers but they seem to be a cutdown version only activated within the demo shows/tutorial files.

I believe it wasn't done for the Congo due to the processing required causing slow down issues, but with a modern processor in the Cobalt it's likely to be possible.
I can't imagine it's a big step to licence them for more general use.

The Congo & Cobalt have integated Visualisers but they seem to be a cutdown version only activated within the demo shows/tutorial files.

The visualizer used for the demos in Congo is Capture. I haven't had a chance to play with Cobalt at all yet so I am not sure what might be included there.

Best,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back