ETC Element 2 Console

New key layout that matches the rest of the EOS consoles, two buttons under each fader instead of one. Just from looking at the picture, it feels like it must be wider too given how much more spacing there is between faders.

It's actually a whole bunch of things beyond just a hardware refresh

- 1024 or 6144 parameters (Element 1 was 1024, max 250/500 channels)
- No weird channel # limitations (same as the rest of the family)
- Faders can be mapped like other consoles to things beyond submasters and channels.
- 4 hardline DMX outputs

With the software updates/unlocks in 2.6 it's really become the a fantastic console for people who don't need encoders (and even then you can add lighthack if you're motivated..) Still only one cue list, but beyond that it's looking like ETC is more saturating the middle part of the market...

Another new item from ETC is the ETCpad
ETCpad.PNG

The benefits are it is a ruggedized tablet specifically for the EOS family, can be used wired or wireless, and it is IP65 rated.

Last edited:
Didn't see that coming. Are the RFR apps not going to be supported for third party devices anymore?

Didn't see that coming. Are the RFR apps not going to be supported for third party devices anymore?

I hope not. I suspect this a replacement for the aging RFR3 system. I.E. for those that don't want to use their phones or venues with multiple operators that don't want to purchase and install the apps multiple times.

For what it's worth, Fullcompass shows a MAP of $2700 for the ETCpad.

As someone with an Express 2448 in a venue where it's mostly used for submasters and occasionally prebuilt cues, this looks like it's designed to give us something new that can handle ML and LEDs a lot nicer but still have a similar feel/usage.

As someone with an Express 2448 in a venue where it's mostly used for submasters and occasionally prebuilt cues, this looks like it's designed to give us something new that can handle ML and LEDs a lot nicer but still have a similar feel/usage.
I mean thats what the element 1 was supposed to be since it was basically designed to replace the express with movers and LED's in mind... this is just an update of that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back