ETC Element Fader Value Slow Change

cdiamondz

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any insight on what would cause a fader's value to change slowly over time. I move the physical slider to the maximum but then the value of what it's controlling (also affecting channel values) is changing slowly over time and seems to max out at about 11%. The console is running on a pretty old version of EOS (2.3.3), think updating might fix it? It's frustrating because we use all of the sliders daily and it just started today. Hopefully someone has some answers! Thanks guys!

Edit: The bump button works just fine and the virtual faders work as well, seems to be a physical issue.

Edit 2: The value decreases when the slider is anywhere lower than half and the value increases when the slider is anywhere higher than half.

Last edited:
This isn’t a very clear picture.

Are you saying 1 fader is making all channels run 11% higher over time or just the channels associated with that fader.
Does this affect all faders or just specific ones.

To answer to your question. Yes. A fader can have an effect on it that could do something undesired.

assuming you have your faders as subs. You could do. Sub # > About and see what info it tells you. If it is an effects sub then Sub # > Type >Select the not effect option you want.

This isn’t a very clear picture.

Are you saying 1 fader is making all channels run 11% higher over time or just the channels associated with that fader.
Does this affect all faders or just specific ones.

To answer to your question. Yes. A fader can have an effect on it that could do something undesired.

assuming you have your faders as subs. You could do. Sub # > About and see what info it tells you. If it is an effects sub then Sub # > Type >Select the not effect option you want.
The 1 fader is controlling 1 channel or 1 submaster based on the selector knob. The output of the fader seems to be heavily delayed so if I were to push it to max then the value in EOS will slowly climb up on value but then stop. I checked the about page for the submaster and it matches all the other submasters on the console. I did find a bottle of soda next to the console but I don't see any signs of spillage.

If it’s just one fader I doubt someone spilled something.
Delete the sub remake it. Someone prolly recorded something by mistake. Could be a delay, a time, an effect, or something else of that nature.

Fastest thing is rebuild.

If it’s just one fader I doubt someone spilled something.
Delete the sub remake it. Someone prolly recorded something by mistake. Could be a delay, a time, an effect, or something else of that nature.

Fastest thing is rebuild.
No change after rebuilding the sub. It seems to be an issue with the physical slider module because when the selector knob is set to channels it still does the slow climb thing. I even pulled up an old show file and it still does it. Looks like it'll probably have to be sent in, luckily that shouldn't be much of an issue. The virtual faders page will have to do until then.

No change after rebuilding the sub. It seems to be an issue with the physical slider module because when the selector knob is set to channels it still does the slow climb thing. I even pulled up an old show file and it still does it. Looks like it'll probably have to be sent in, luckily that shouldn't be much of an issue. The virtual faders page will have to do until then.

Double tab and look at the submaster settings. On 2.3 it might be in the fader config tab. see if the mode of that submaster changed
It's probably a bug. if you need the fader now; try moving the submaster to a different fader. Also try making the same sub on a different fader from scratch. Make sure to be syntax specific when building the sub including only what you want in the sub. ex. [1] {Intensity} ( [Shift] [Custom]) [record] [2]

as far as addressing the actual fader:
First try a Deep Clear - that should address any persist ant issues - exit to shell, maintainance, deep clear
Second do a face panel test - exit to shell, maintainance, face panel test, move the faders up and if the fader value on the face panel matches on the screen the fader is fine, it is highly unlikely that the fader is actually bad if the rest of them are fine.

I have had several physical faders go wonky on me. I just move the sub to a different fader until a software update fixed it. For me, 2.8 fixed all my submaster issues, so yes a software update can possibly fix it. If the software update doesn't fix it and neither does the deep clear, than call tech support.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back