Control/Dimming ETC Element

You have 500 control channels, but with the two universes that the Element provides, you actually have 2x512 (1024) DMX channels. So assuming that none of your fixtures double up on DMX channels, 10x100 = 1000 DMX channels. So you're good to go with 24 DMX channels to spare.

You will want to patch them this way, by patching them as a device from your fixture library.

Thanks for the input!
This was just an example. I will have different fixtures and also about 200 dimmer channels. My concern was that I will have about 750 dmx addresses in use but only 220 different fixtures (moving heads, LED's). I have patched to second universe but never have had over 500 dmx addresses in use at the same time so wasn't sure that the console allows me use more than 500 addresses.

Yup. You're good to go. With the Moving Light control, you can put a moving light with a bunch of DMX channels / control parameters on a single control channel. So long as you keep your actual control channels below 500 and your DMX channels below 1024, your good to go. Once you start getting tight on DMX channels, then you can start to think about assigning all your LED striplight washes to the same DMX channels as opposed to separate channels and that sort of thing. With LEDs and movers, two universes doesn't go as far as it used to! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back