Control/Dimming ETC Express 24/48 Power Supply

Hello all,

First time poster here. I recently acquired an express 24/48. Catch is there's no power supply...

It shames me to say that I also don't understand the pin out of the weird 8 pin s-video connector on the power supply to make my own, but I'm still trying to find a way to avoid paying for a new ETC power supply. Most of the rented expresses i have used have generic third party power supplies, but despite searching by product numbers and the like I have had a hard time finding anything.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place where I can buy a third party (non-etc) power supply for an etc 24/48 (8 pin svideo connector)? I believe it runs from 120-240vac @ 50-60hz.

Thanks all,
david

The supply is a plus 5 and plus 12 volt DC. It should be a switching regulator supply. I had to build my own, and it was now over 2 years ago, so I forget the exact amperages. I think that the 5 volt is 3 amps and the 12 volt is 1.5 amp. The 12 volt isn't very critical, unless you use a plug in minilamp on the console. The Express boards came with two different connectors, depending on their build date. The older ones used the mini-din similar to the S-video connector. The newer ones used a standard Din size connector. I forget the pin combinations, but there are three groups with some being +12, some being +5 and the remainder ground. I am at home and unable to check the ones that I made, but if you would like to email me off forum, and are not in too much of a hurry, I can check it out. The best place to buy inexpensive power supplies is mpja.com. They have several that will work. Some will have the required voltages and a minus 12 output, that you just don't use.

email me at [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back