ETC Express Educational DVD

Is this purchase for an educational environment, like a school, or is for your own personal use? If it is the latter, I wouldn't bother. While I will not pretend to know what is best for you, maybe you are a very visual learner, I think that the manual is really the best way to learn the ETC Express. I have not seen these DVDs, so I cannot say for sure, but I don't think they will teach you anything that is not in the manual. One (and there are many:lol:) of the greatest things about ETC, in my opinion, is their manuals. They take so much time and energy into making everything so easy to understand and follow. Nearly everything I know about the Express(ion) consoles I have learned from the manual. "How do I do such and such? Let's look it up." I have probably read it cover to cover a couple times, granted not in one sit down, but over time. You add in the OLE and you can teach yourself anything you could possibly want to know.

My $.02, not that you were even asking for it... :rolleyes:

-Tim

Thanks. I found the manual a little challenging at the start but once I started to figure out what I needed for lighting then I was much more focused for getting info from the manual.

Can't say for the Express, which is a vastly less complicated console then the Ion, but I watched the Ion basic DVD end to end, some 8 plus hrs. I've also watched a good bit of the Eos advanced sections on YouTube.

I found them all very helpful, much more so then reading the manual. It helped to have the off-line editor on the 'puter as I could stop and try what they had just demo'd.

I found it a great way to learn the console and would recommend the YouTube for Express along with having the OLE available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back