ETC Ion Help!

bens

Hello Guys, This is my first post :D
Anyway - Im running an ETC Ion at the moment and I am constantly using LED Fixtures (non-moving). Whenever I change the colour of the LEDs (including effects) and then raise the intensity on a conventional fixture, the colour instantly goes back to white on the LEDs. Its really bugging me why this is happening. Please help!
Ben

How are the LEDs patched? How are you setting their color?

What type of LED's do you have? Are you patching the LED's using the fixture library or just using DMX channels? Are you using any palettes or groups?

Welcome to Control Booth. (Tip the dotted underlines in the text will link you to definitions. We use a lot of jargon that can be confusing.)

I suspect you've gotten tangled in the difference between zero and null. In a non-tracking simpler console zero could be over-ridden by a higher value. So if 2 sub-masters are up the higher value went to the lights.

Ion uses "latest takes precedence" for color values. This means the last thing to move controls the colors. The answer is "null" or which tells the console to take anything else for the color. You can replace a value (even zero) by "AT ENTER" which means at null.

So look over your settings and try clearing out what isn't part of the look.

I also highly recommend the tutorials on the ETC website. ETCCONNECT.COM Both the videos and the "Tea Break Tutorials" are a must for a student of the console.

Hmmmmmm, very interesting. A bit more information would help to resolve the issue

First, how are you increasing the intensity of your conventionals? Is it via submasters? If you are doing so via submasters, you may have accidentally recorded the color data for the LED's into the submasters. Remember, Subs are like [RECORD]; they save everything. If this is the case, going into Blind and removing the channels from the subs via [AT] [ENTER] on the channels should help your current situation. In the future use [RECORD ONLY] or Filters to selectively save information such as intensity and not color or other parameters.

If submasters are not the case, then answering the following may help.
1. Software version of your ION.

2a. The LED fixtures you are using.
2b. The operating mode you have them in.
2c. The fixture type you have patched them as.

3. How you are sending data to them. Are you using DMX, and distributed how, or ETCNet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back