ETC Nomad with Capture

I am trying to program a shoot ETC Nomad, and would like to have Nomad work with a visualizer. I got the student version of capture. What do I need to do to get the two programs to talk to each other and work, and if they will not work, then was is the best way? I have Nomad sending sACN but am not sure how to make Capture receive it.
Thanks! Please let me know if what I said doesn't make sense, and I can try to re-explain.

I've had similar issues with Capture, and what I think fixed my problem was enabling the other protocols in the Nomad Shell (e.g. ArtNET) and keeping sACN enabled as well. Leave sACN on the highest priority.

Both default to sACN. Having some other protocol active is more likely to mess things up.

If you are doing both on the same computer you might need to be connected to a network, or use a 'loop back plug'. The signal goes out the network and comes back in that way, so the exact config of your hardware is critical. I do it all the time with all default settings.

For 2 computers they just need to be connected. If you can share files you're good to go.

Both default to sACN. Having some other protocol active is more likely to mess things up.

If you are doing both on the same computer you might need to be connected to a network, or use a 'loop back plug'. The signal goes out the network and comes back in that way, so the exact config of your hardware is critical. I do it all the time with all default settings.

For 2 computers they just need to be connected. If you can share files you're good to go.
So would it be best if I just ran nomad on one computer and capture on the other?

So would it be best if I just ran nomad on one computer and capture on the other?

It's not necessary. Both work fine on the same computer.

IMG_0741 (800x471).jpg

• The connection is more obvious with 2 computers so it's easier to see and fix. If you're having trouble try 2 systems.
  • 2 screens is very handy, but I use a 2nd screen at my desk anyway. I've also hooked up to large screen TVs just to get enough room.
  • 2 processors can be nice. If your rig is large and your computer slow rendering gets very slow and jumpy.
In Capture put everything in options in automatic unless you know that your network needs something weird. When Nomad is putting out signal you'll see it in the Universes tab.
upload_2016-3-13_15-6-36.png

Hi there -

You don't mention if you're on a PC or Mac. If you're on a PC, you should be able to install the "Loopback Adapter" which is a piece of software that behaves like a network connection. Google "Install Loopback Adapter Windows #" where the # is the version of Windows you are using. It's not difficult to do. Use this "network connection" in both ETCnomad and Capture to create the connection between the two programs.

Hope this helps -

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back