ETC Radio RFU Repairs

Hey all,

The theatre i'm currently working at has an ETC radio rfu like this one:

Radio Remote Focus Unit, Expression style, ETC

It's been a great tool to use since I'm working as Resident LD/ME so I'm doing most of my own work. Recently the remote has ceased to function and I was wondering if anyone knew of any places that did repairs on such equipment? I'm located out of Florida. Thanks in advance!

Howdy,

We continue to support and repair these units. You can call us at 800-688-4116 to initiate the repairs process.

Before you do that however, when you say that it ceased to function, what exactly do you mean? Do the lights on the handheld remote light up? Does the base station show that it is receiving button hits?

Have you checked the battery?

Also, which type of console are you connecting the base station? Have you checked the fuse in the console?

I'm plugging it into an Expression III. The remote doesn't light up, the base station isn't receiving a signal, it has a brand new battery in.

I know the console is working properly because we have a wired RFU currently plugged into it and that's working fine. It's definitely something wrong with the remote itself (it looks like it's been lovingly abused and dropped a few times before i started working here).

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back