ETC Smartpack with a smartlink station.

Hi All,

We have finally made it into the 1990's and have gotten rid of a bunch of shoebox dimmers and purchased some SmartPacks. I was looking at the documentation for the smartpacks and they have the RJ45 plug for smartlink, but what I am not 100% sure on is if I can use a smartlink station with them, and if I can, how that will effect the DMX control of the packs?

For instance, I am using one for stage wash and one for house lights. Both are DMX controlled now, but if I had the option to add one of the 5 button stations at our FOH, then when the band came in to practice they could hit the button, instead of firing up the lighting board and all of the stuff that that entails.

Thank you all for your help.

The SmartLink stations require a SmartLink-enabled dimmer control equipped with a LinkConnect Station Power Supply. These are all optional pieces that your system may have already or might need to be purchased.

You might want to ask this question over in the ETC Forums and have a chat with whoever supplied or purchased your SmartPacks to determine what you would need to make this happen.

My facility uses the SmartLink button station to control the house and work lights when the console is off, and we have played with priorities to disable input from those stations when the console is powered up. Your installer/ETC technician should be able to help you get it up and running.

You could also solve your problem with a DMX wall station and an input merger. I'm not sure if that solution is any more cost-effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back