ETC Source Four Revolutions that need a good home

I have four Revolutions that need a new home. The Theater I work for is in need of some new, high tech ML's for some of its up and coming shows. The ML's have less than 20 hours on them, have the rotating gobo module and iris module in them. I would like to sell these to pick up a couple of Elation design spots or washes. Any suggestions on how to get rid of these and what ML's I should look at. I know the Revo's are a good wash/spot fixture but the problem is they are just too slow for what we do. We have a lot of fast-paced bands and need something more appropriate. If any knows anyone looking for some good ML's please let me know.

Thanks guys :)

I would like to see around $3200 each. Just enough to get something new. They are around $4500 new so I don't really think I am ripping anyone off. Do you think this is a fair price?

Greetings! I moved this thread to our Classifieds Forum. Just be sure to follow the guidelines for this Forum. http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/cb-classifieds/19610-cb-classified-rules.html

There is a lot of great info in the archives on moving lights. Do a search there to see if you can find suitable new moving light fixtures to look at. If you cannot find what you are looking for after searching, post a new thread in the Lighting Forum.

~Dave

Last edited:
Quality wise, going from an ETC light (even a revolution with it's associated weak points) to an elation is a mistake. The only names you should be looking at are Martin, Clay Paky, or Varilite. Something like a Mac 350 (led) or an alpha spot 300/575 (hmi) (depending on distance) are good to look at, unless you want the tungsten look that the revolution has, in which case you'd be limited to a vl1k tungsten, which is outdated and slow.

... Do you think this is a fair price?
Unfortunately, there's no Kelley Blue Book for used entertainment gear. To get an idea of price, compare with similar offerings from specialty vendors listed at Sources for Used Equipment - ControlBooth . One has several available for $4000, another has one for $2500--not sure which modules.

If you want/need to move them quickly, you'll likely be better off having one of these companies sell them for you on consignment, rather than trying to sell them yourself on eBay or even here (but you never know). Craigslist is probably the worst route--I doubt the Dover, Ohio market is all that big for theatrical moving lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back