Fake Food - Batter for Cooking with Gus

Hi everyone! I am directing a show called Cooking with Gus. The show's central character is a chef and she spends the entire first scene mixing a "batter" in a bowl. It is supposed to be so thick that you cannot mix it with a spoon and you have to use your hands. Near the end of the scene there is a bit where another character first steps in, then lands his elbow in, then lands his butt in the bowl with the batter. I need something that will look messy but will not actually be that messy. I was thinking about a flour and water mix, but a friend said that would be really sticky and would get all over the place. So then I was thinking about oatmeal, but I am afraid that will just look like oatmeal. Cream of Wheat maybe? I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions. Any help is greatly appreciated:)

Instant mashed potatoes?

Corn starch...
Or a look up "gak" or slime usually borax and glue or a similar mix. It's popular in elementary schools as it's clean and cheap. Some forms do the silly putty tricks and some do the hard/soft tricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back