Finally an actual Member

Hey everyone,
Forever anytime i search something relating to my job and my field this site always came up and i finally decided to sign up. Everyone on here so far are awesome and really knowledgeable. But anyway

My names John Medina and a lot of people associated with theatre that know me call me Smooch and i'm currently a Lighting Design and Tech Theatre Student at Columbia College Chicago. Right now i'm trying to join the union so i can work in some of the bigger theaters. Sound and Lights have been my life for so long and i can never get enough. I love Technology and new technology and its always awesome hearing tips and trick known for the trade Basically this is my dream job and I'm working my way to get a masters in both. I have had a lot of experience doing Lighting and Sound work as well as just crew hours. I started doing this before high school and have been ever since. I know that kinda makes me sound like i don't really know much yet but quite on the contrary. After doing the after school "Tech Club" for a couple years i got Hired on at the school as the Assistant Technical Director. After that i was Hired at the theatre that my boss worked at also, a Place called Hemmens Cultural Center. Since about my Sophomore year in High school i've been doing as much freelance as i can and one day i hope to be a recognizable Lighting designer and or Sound Engineer for Either Theatre or Concert, both of which i have done before.
So if anyone has any tips and advice for a young person trying to come up in the technical theatre world please feel free to let me know.

Welcome John! Thanks for taking the time to register and introduce yourself. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back