Fixture history updates.

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
I found out today that one of my mystery fixtures, in this case a PAR 64 self ballasted ACL fixtures at 6v/120w was specifically designed as a lamp by Osram/Sylvania (Osram didn’t own them back than) for the Neal Diamond tour back in the 70's. No clear date yet, but it was called a Rain Light as a new term for me in PAR 64 lamp classification. Heard of such a term before but didn’t know I owned one or thought it was a specific fixture over just a concept of a down light. A second version of it I’m trying to track down that I think had a 28v/250w #4552 lamp in it. Only been about 15 years since the last time I had two of them in often using them for show design, but I don’t remember which was the better amongst the two I had available for output.

I think I know who wound up with the other fixture and easy enough given this to tell if it was the wrong lamp verses the upgraded version I’m told about as a possibility which would have a changed ballast.

Sylvania #14987 Lamp:120PAR64/VNSP at 6v specifically is the lamp in use on this SeeFactor fixture I find out I have. Might have even been used on the “Jazz Singer” movie from the 70's.

Just started my research onto how some small store front theater started in the late 80's in Chicago wound up with two of these fixtures. Could be a fascinating story in itself in how I acquired these fixtures. The past TD for the theater has no idea of how they got the fixtures so my research continues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back