Fog?

carsonld

I was going through my tumblr and saw a picture on Into The Woods, well it looks like they had little fog jets or something, Can someone please tell me how or where I can buy these?
ds.PNG

This can be done PVC pipe with holes drilled in it. for a smoother wall of smoke, cut slots in it and rotate downward 120 degrees so that this smoke will be back pressure in the pipe and roll up the backside of it.

They do make vertical-shooting fog machines, such as this one, but you could use the PVC pipe idea as long as you have a strong enough machine. Also, care has to be taken to leave an air gap between the fog machine's output nozzle and the opening of the tube, or the fog will condense and not cooperate.

This effect is not to be confused with Co2 "Cryo" Jets, an often-seen effect at concerts and known for its dense, yet immediately dissipating plume of white 'fog'.

Last edited:
Looking closer to the photo those could be co2 jets the way this smoke drops off at the edges. however, this could be done with some more results from a smoke machine. you may need to build a manifold type to get the pressure to come out evenly. understanding what the final look is that you want and how quick you wanted to dissipate will help you determine the final product, co2 or smoke.

We did this same effect using a dry ice fog machine and PVC tubing. However to get all of the fog to shoot straight up we had glue short tubes of smaller PVC tubing into the holes. Otherwise the first few holes closest to the machine shot at an angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back