For the first aid kit

That looks pretty cool. Maybe something for the personal first aid kit. Not something I would probably want to keep in the kits at work though. Maybe something stashed away in someones office for when it really needed to be used. I imagine a lot of them would get wasted on cuts just to "try it out." And more would probably walk away in peoples pockets.

That looks pretty cool. Maybe something for the personal first aid kit. Not something I would probably want to keep in the kits at work though. Maybe something stashed away in someone's office for when it's really needed to be used. I imagine a lot of them would get wasted on cuts just to "try it out." And more would probably walk away in peoples' pockets.
@techieman33 If I'm reading you correctly, something to pack with you when you're trekking through no mans land with your pack on your back, your snow-shoes, your canoe overhead and you accidentally cut yourself with your hatchet while collecting fire wood rather than when you're in charge of your crew with your cell phone in your pocket, in the heart of a thriving metropolis and 911 paramedics minutes away in our current lawsuit happy age? Am I correctly paraphrasing your post??
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

@techieman33 If I'm reading you correctly, something to pack with you when you're trekking through no mans land with your pack on your back, your snow-shoes, your canoe overhead and you accidentally cut yourself with your hatchet while collecting fire wood rather than when you're in charge of your crew with your cell phone in your pocket, in the heart of a thriving metropolis and 911 paramedics minutes away in our current lawsuit happy age? Am I correctly paraphrasing your post??
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
For myself, I mean if I'm the wounded party, $29.95 makes sense compared to 911 and ER. Health care is not free just because you dont pay out of pocket.

Pffff. Super glue and gaff tape.

Pffft pfft spit and sawdust.

Pffft, Pffft, Pffft, shove a bunch of big splinters through each side to hold it together and get back to work!

Pffft x 4 light it on fire.

Pffft infinity

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pffft, Pffft, Pffft, shove a bunch of big splinters through each side to hold it together and get back to work!
@Van No doubt dental floss would be a useful adjunct figure-eighted across the splinters then wound up with a toothpick to increase the tension and pull 'er together. I think I'm catching on.
Toodleoo!
Ron

Reactions: Van
@BillConnerFASTC - now the guys are buiding the Connerstein Monster out of your first aid kit and scene shop supplies... I'm not sure any good can come from this so I'm stocking up on pitch forks and torches. :dice:

This type of device, while a cool toy, is way outside the scope of practice for any of the first aid training you are likely to have (and therefore Good Samaritan Act coverage) - unless you have an MD on staff. I'm sure it has a relatively short shelf life due to the sterility requirement and adhesives in it so when you try to use it, it will act like 5 year old Gaff tape. Stick with the simple stuff and if the injury needs stitches, head off to an ER or Doc in a Box urgent card center for proper cleaning and treatment.

Or we go to the Props Dept for cyanoacrylate (superglue), to the A2 for a cotton roll and Transpore tape, and to the Carp for gaff tape exterior.

Or go to Wardrobe for a zipper and get the apprentice carpenter to staple it to the wound...

:excitable::excitable::excitable:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back