Free Music??

TechNinja

Hey all,
I'm doing a 'sound design' for my former high school's summer show (Winnie the Pooh). And I have zero budget; unless I want to dig into my already shallow pockets :). So, I was wondering if any of you knew of any sites that have free show music. Especially 'karaoke' style, because he wants the music, just the instrumental versions. Some help would be awesome!
Thanks!

Is it a licensed production of the show? If it is, you may be able to get backing tracks from the licensing company. If it's not a licensed production, is it in the public domain, been adapted specifically for the school (with permission), or just plain illegal?! Be warned, Disney own the copyright for the AA Milne characters, and they WILL come down like a tonne of bricks - I read a news report somewhere where a young child's favourite character was Winnie the Pooh - the child died and the parents put Winnie on the gravestone, and Disney sued them. [Edit by mod: More here.]

Anyway, that's off track. I Googled "winnie the pooh music kareoke" and got a load of hits - suggest you try that....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I have no idea, he doesn't really include us in it. I'm really hoping it's not illegal, I bet it's not, but, yea... Thanks for the hints!

Yea, I have no idea, he doesn't really include us in it. I'm really hoping it's not illegal, I bet it's not, but, yea... Thanks for the hints!
MTI handles the rights to Disney properties in the US. They list a show called Disney's Winnie the Pooh, Kids, but licensing is currently restricted. Maybe he wants to add the Disney music to an existing WTP script? Some tiny schools in some backwoods places have been sued silly by the Walt Disney Company for things like characters painted on walls.

Oh my! I think the director and I need to have a sit down! Thanks for the heads-up! I will most definitely have to clue him in on this one! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back