Gaff and Spike Tape Storage Cart

Swade White

Hello all. We have an over abundance of gaff and spike take at our venue, and our desk drawer is getting pretty full. Also, a con to storing all this tape in a drawer is that you really can’t organize the colors how we would like. I could have sworn that I saw a picture of a DIY tape storage rack on wheels, but I can’t find it for the life of me. My question to you guys is does anyone know of a rack that can hold around 5 rolls per color of spike take, and around 10 rolls per color of gaff tape, preferably on wheels so it can be pushed around the stage. Any ideas are welcome!

We keep out tape seperated so it doesn't all walk off at once. The majority of our tape lives in an out of the way storage room on a shelving unit. Then we keep a couple roll of each color tape just off stage in a locking cabinet along with a couple spare lamps of each type. Then the tape we are currently using live on a couple of 2ft side arms attached to some conduit in the backstage office. With smaller rolls of spike tape all on a safety cable, kept at the same location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back