Gaff-tape color-matching

Jay Ashworth

I'm trying to figure out whether Pro-Gaff red or burgundy will match my theatre's wall paint well enough I can use it to hide some camera cabling... without having to buy it first. :-}

I have paint books that I can use to close-match the paint... I don't suppose anyone here has both the tape in stock *and* a set of paint chip books they could look in?

I'm trying to figure out whether Pro-Gaff red or burgundy will match my theatre's wall paint well enough I can use it to hide some camera cabling... without having to buy it first. :-}

I have paint books that I can use to close-match the paint... I don't suppose anyone here has both the tape in stock *and* a set of paint chip books they could look in?
Have you considered repainting your venue to match the Gaffer's tape of your choice?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

A call to Sure-Tape might get you the Pantone color match for their tapes. Or the might send samples.

A call to Sure-Tape might get you the Pantone color match for their tapes. Or they might send samples.
The brand of T shirts I buy has a list of their available colo(u)rs including several identified as PMS colo(u)rs. Not being familiar with PMS colo(u)rs, my curiosity was piqued.
PMS = Pantone Matching System. Who'd ever have thunk?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Nope. Jay's dead serious. I have to get power, PL and camera cables back to my booth, up a 20 foot wall into my box booms, and I can't spend any of the college's money at all.

Last edited:
Are you relocating existing eqpt to make our life easier? Boggles me that you have no budget from them to handle a facilities maintenance or upgrade task...

sometimes I have heard from a friend that when bureaucracy obstructs small purchases, a few extra hours may be added to a time sheet to cover out of pocket matls, mileage, etc. hypothetically ...

Are you relocating existing eqpt to make your life easier? Boggles me that you have no budget from them to handle a facilities maintenance or upgrade task...

sometimes I have heard from a friend that when bureaucracy obstructs small purchases, a few extra hours may be added to a time sheet to cover out of pocket matls, mileage, etc. hypothetically ...
Do your friend's initials happen to be B. S.? I once had a close friend who did the same thing.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Leave the cables lay and walk the powers that be by it when they ask what’s that explain no budget to conceal so it’s “new wall art” or whatever clever wording you choose. It will get address pretty quick.

Since the admin won't provide a budget for this, I would be tempted to go to wallyworld and buy a cheap roll of that patterned duct tape, they have a lovely (cough-cough) pink and purple leopard print I believe. Of course, that might end with building maintenance having to repaint some parts of the wall.

Are you relocating existing eqpt to make our life easier? Boggles me that you have no budget from them to handle a facilities maintenance or upgrade task...

I am relocating the broadcast desk to where *I* want it, so as (mostly) to avoid people having to hear me direct.

It is, to a certain amount, over my boss's dead body, so I'm constrained to do it in a way that doesn't cost money. :) He would prefer I set up in the spot pocket, but to my taste, that doesn't solve the sound problem, and is a massive pain in the ass in 4 other ways too, not to mention making me climb a ladder 10 times a day...

Do your friend's initials happen to be B. S.? I once had a close friend who did the same thing.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
What a coincidence! We should introduce these friends someday soon …

I am relocating the broadcast desk to where *I* want it, so as (mostly) to avoid people having to hear me direct.

It is, to a certain amount, over my boss's dead body, so I'm constrained to do it in a way that doesn't cost money. :) He would prefer I set up in the spot pocket, but to my taste, that doesn't solve the sound problem, and is a massive pain in the ass in 4 other ways too, not to mention making me climb a ladder 10 times a day...
You could ask him for a bosn chair and a hoist motor— the paint will seem like a bargain in comparison…

Perhaps its time to consider a career shift to the highly paid worlds of box-office staffing or restaurant management ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back