Glad I Found This Site

Hi Jim, we are glad that you found us as well. Welcome to the booth.

You can also encourage your students to join as well. In the mean time, if you need help navigating the site, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy posting.

...I always have questions about technical theatre. ...
"Ask any question regarding technical theatre about which you've always wondered, and you're likely to get many, sometimes conflicting, answers, often within an hour."

Also, check out our wiki--currently 2385 terms and becoming more comprehensive every day. A good exercise for your students (or you!): Pick 10, 100, or 1000 terms, and have them provide a definition.

We look forward to seeing your posts.

Glad you found Control Booth Jim,

I am quite familiar with your situation as I lend a fair amount of assistance to various highschool drama teachers. Most of them I find tend to rely mainly on their students for technical expertise, to make lights, sound and other avenues 'happen'. This site is a fantastic wealth of information, help and advice. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask and as already mentioned you are likely to get MANY responses very quickly (sometimes conflicting).

Our Wiki is also a wealth of information! Encounter a term you are not familiar with? Try looking it up! And the search engine will scour the site, as many questions you may have, perhaps have been asked (and thus answered) before!!

Hope you find control booth useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back