Automated Fixtures Going where DMX has never gone before. Help?

We have enough to link the two Technobeams in C9 down to the lighting board, but not all the way back to go to the dimmers

Now we've just gotta order the new motor drivers for the fixtures, and wait half a month for Chinese shipping. On one unit, just the iris doesn't work, and the other has hardly any operational functions. All the motors move freely, they just don't move when they should during homing and testing.

You might find that a cheap opto-splitter costs less than the amount of cable you need (if you're buying good cable at least). Then you'd only need to worry about one homerun to the console, which would probably be a better arrangement anyway.

Have you tried Lightparts in Austin? They can send you the motor drivers much faster, though they might cost you more. I'd call them and check.

You might find that a cheap opto-splitter costs less than the amount of cable you need (if you're buying good cable at least). Then you'd only need to worry about one homerun to the console, which would probably be a better arrangement anyway.

Have you tried Lightparts in Austin? They can send you the motor drivers much faster, though they might cost you more. I'd call them and check.
how much is a decent splitter? We only need about 50-100 feet of the cable.
I suppose I'd have to call them, considering they don't have the parts on their site. I'll give them a call this evening, but I'm probably not going to want to spend more than ten dollars per chip, since I need to replace a considerable number of the chips on one of the units, and maybe two on the other.

Possibly intended for a forgotten/abandoned ALD ?
That might be a good answer, but it would be pretty hard to forget about that many receivers. But hey, that's just me. XD

Why are you replacing the console. What console is it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It's an old ETC Express 48/96, we are considering replacing it, but it all depends on how it plays with more advanced configurations- We haven't really had any advanced work with it, so we're going to program a light show to test its abilities soon.

That might be a good answer, but it would be pretty hard to forget about that many receivers. But hey, that's just me. XD

It could also be that the old receiver fried and never got replaced. Not sure why there is that quantity though. A couple of years ago a local theatre dumped a handful of Telex single channel wireless receivers off to me because the same thing happened. We use the double channel units but now we have a nice supply of replacement parts. Basically they were also somewhat dead so the theatre decided to replace their entire system rather than just getting a new receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back