Good College for Theatre Management???????

crys13

what is a good college to get a bachelor degree in Theatre Management?? Primarily in Texas. I have been looking at colleges but I can't find any with a bachelors in theatre management. Can anyone help??

You're going to be hard pressed to find an undergrad degree in Theatre Management specifically. Now, I'm not saying they don't exist, just that if they are out there, they are few and far between. I've been academia as a student and professor for somewhere around 13 years, and I only remember one, at my alma mater Longwood University in Virginia. And I'm not even sure they still have it. I would suggest you look for a more generalized Theatre Production degree in undergrad. I am a huge advocate of the BA due to the versatility of the degree. While you are in college you can focus on whatever area you like, but as a good theatre practitioner you should have an overall knowledge of theatre.

On a side note, when you say Theatre Management are you referring to Stage Management or Front of House? For the former, take classes in everything, for the latter look at business and communication classes.

what is a good college to get a bachelor degree in Theatre Management?? Primarily in Texas. I have been looking at colleges but I can't find any with a bachelors in theatre management. Can anyone help??

Ithaca College offers a BS in Theatre Arts Management, which sounds like what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back