Grammy's, Shooting Fog Effect?

I was just watching the grammy's recently and I was wondering about a specific fog-like effect. They obviously had a lot of haze and also a lot of low-lying fog, but there were also these cannon-like fog effects that were shooting straight up. There looked like there were about 6-8 of them across the front of the stage and each produced about a 2 foot wide column of (what looked like) fog about 10 feet up and then dissipated extremely quickly, like almost immediately. I may just be missing something, but I'm curious, What exactly is that? Is it fog? Is it CO2? Is it something else? Is it some type of compressed air cannon? I've also seen these before in other big productions and I've always wondered what they were, cause they seem to be quick to be standard foggers.
I can't count the number of times I wished I had had a really short blast of a fog-like substance instead of a normal fog effect. Any thoughts or info you have would be great. Thanks!

Did it look like these?

proxy.php

Strictly FX Cryogenics and CO2 Effects

It was Co2 Jets. This effect is very reliable and repeatable. The Co2 Jet system can be used with the high pressure Liquid CO2 tanks or refrigerated liquid dewar tanks to add to its versatility. Hit me up if you need more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back