Grand MA 1 Remote

I am trying to get my iPhone working as a remote for our Grand MA1. I have made sure they are working on the same network, I can ping the phone, console, and NSP from my laptop. But When I open the iPhone app nothing shows up. Is it posable that the Grand MA is running an older version of the firmware that is not computable with the iPhone?

I don't know why, but I have had the same thing with my iphone 4s an 5s, but my first gen ipad worked fine. It has not been important enough for me to troubleshoot. Head over to MA-share.net, the issue has probably come up there. Ill do a few tests this week, I need to flip a desk an load some fixtures anyway, plus I have had two routers fail recently that I need to look into, all devices connected to the router fine, but none could see each other, and that was on MA1 and MA2 desks.

Also using series 2 on a house lighting network, all IP addresses configured right, i could not see an ma desk on the network, but the strand desk worked fine from the house guys phone.

I feel like it Might be an iPhone app issue, but I really don't know.

Also 6.8 is the current version of software for the series 1, but I dont think the iPhone app has been updated since, probably 6.6...so IDK

I know there used to be an issue where you needed to have the phone/ipad in airplane mode in order for it to actually connect to the console.

That was a few years ago, given that I work for the Jands distributor I haven't used MA much recently!

For some phones you still have to have airplane mode on. My usual checklist, as best I can remember it:
1) Are all IP addresses set properly?
2) Is the phone connected properly (in airplane mode with wifi on if necessary)?
3) Are remotes "Enabled" in the networking section of the MA?
4) Is there a separate user set up for the phone to log in? (Phone cannot log on as same user that is active in the console.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back