GrandMA 2 Fixture Compilation

Hi all, I've a question about setting up fixtures on the GrandMA 2. I'm pretty new to the MA 2 and I'm wondering if there is an easy way to compile an instrument and some accessories into a single fixture. For example I've got a bunch of S4s with DMX irises and I-cues. Do I need to create a whole new fixture (and if so, how?) or is there an easier way to compile everything into a single device with parameters for everything?

Thank you!

Create it all as one profile. However for each separate device attached to the original fixture, set a different break number. For example setting the dimmer for the S4 to break 1 and the all the channels for the iris to break 2, the MA will ask you for two addresses when you patch the fixture. I may be slightly wrong with this as I haven't tried it.

Yup. As has been said you want to have separate breaks. The easiest thing to do is probably to start off with the generic dimmer personality. Once you're in that, click new to add a new attribute line and pick from the list the one which suites you best. (You can also create your own attributes if you really want to get specific!) Then give it a break of "2". When you patch the fixture, you'll then get prompted to patch the two different addresses.

You may also want to edit the dimmer personality slightly too. For example whenever I'm doing a show, I hate it saying "Open" and "Closed" and instead change these to say "-" and "FL" like most other consoles. Much easier to see when you have lots of channels on the screen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back