Grapple Why? Thoughts? Reasons?

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
So yesterday I unpacked some Truss Grapples that were purchased from a well known national vendor. While unpacking I ran into a set of grapples with a center hole running between them.

A04597BC-F5F7-4353-B662-B18010262636.jpeg

BFE484E4-8266-4FF8-8076-7B3C1ED092C6.jpeg

So my question to everyone is why? Speculate away!

Currently cause of the holidays I most likely won’t get an answer back for a while if any but fingers crossed. So it gives everyone plenty of time to come up with reasons why someone would do this.

That's where the I-bolt goes.

That's where the I-bolt goes.
According to the past client on site who was quoted as saying "Just git it dun, stoopid!".

According to the past client on site who was quoted as saying "Just git it dun, stoopid!".
I probably should have used one of those "smilely" things.

Given its placement in the logo, and the burring around the edges of the hole, I would assume this is some sort of after-market modification by the end user. I would not, therefore, presume that the manufacturer's warranty would or should be heeded -- all is on the user.

Putting on my stupid hat. ( and I did not see it in the wiki )

I am not familiar with Grapples, and am curious what they are usedfit

looking at the image it seems that they clamp onto a truss but then what?

inquring minds want to know

Putting on my stupid hat. ( and I did not see it in the wiki )

I am not familiar with Grapples, and am curious what they are usedfit

looking at the image it seems that they clamp onto a truss but then what?

inquring minds want to know

A grapple is essentially a small corner block or a way to T off truss in an awkward spot.
2AD0EE3D-47ED-48D6-AA24-4FAFD1C725FB.jpeg

CA676665-A2EC-4861-9267-DFF7AF9153DC.jpeg

Personally I wouldn’t use them in the air as a corner block is much more sturdy and beefy but for a ground support tree where you wanted a goal post but the ceiling won’t take the space of a corner block these come into play.

For an eye bolt?

Is it sized for a truss bolt?

Yes it will fit a truss bolt in it.
062CCD34-C0B9-4EDF-9642-07BCFE450D3C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back