Greetings from an almost new member

KBToys82

Hi everyone!

My name is Kyle Bennett, and I'm a music teacher in Northern NJ.

In college I worked at my school's music hall and got interested in sound and lights there. Since our hall was primarily used for concerts or recitals, I didn't get a chance to do much with lights. So I started working for the college theater. I wasn't a fan of the boss, so I didn't stick around more than a semester, so my wanting to know more and experiment with lighting ended there. Sadly I wish I stayed since I would know a lot more.

Anyway, I've become involved with the high school's musical this year, and since I have a firm grasp on sound and know a little about lights, I've put my foot into that and want to make this the best musical we've done. We have a limited amount of lights or options because of the board setup, so I'm starting to think my enthusiasm on this is being wasted, but it has caused me to want to learn more about lights and sound again. Makes me wish I could just volunteer somewhere to learn how to do things, but that's probably not going to happen with my busy schedule.

Anyway, I've made a few posts already and just wanted to say hi to everyone out there for welcoming me and my questions.

~Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back