Greetings from São Paulo, Brazil

MauShira

Hello there, I am a brazilian light designer/board operator and programmer/lighting technician/follow spot operator/ deck eletrician (we pretty much get to do everything around here) . I have been working for almost 12 years mostly on theather and dance productions, but lately also concerts, circus, and international shows performing here. I have worked on many venues in São Paulo and some in others states in Brazil. I think i'm browsing CB for 2 years now, mostly for researching about consoles programming and compatibility issues. as I dont get along very well with manufacturers manuals as I get with Youtube tutorials or online foruns. I never registered as a user before because frankly, all I needed to ask was already there in the forums. So instead of posting a question I will briefly describe our local rental market.
Here in my city we have major rental houses for lights and sound. We can get pretty much anything as abroad -movers, ETC SR4, Altmann, follow spots, LEDs ...(except HOG ! I think only a couple of places have this console, by demand of international LDs) Chamsys also is not well known around here.
Here the Standards consoles lately have been ETC for theather productions and Avolites for concerts (before that we had Strand, Jands, NSI and ADB) We still have some smaller places (all dimmer rig) with 3 -scene manual preset consoles, as well as Venues with ETC express, but most places already updated to Ion or Element (Smart Fade is also popular in smaler venues due to its low cost and easy of use)
Now MA is getting in the market also, and I expect to find more and more of their products on the road and on venues (especially the more afforfable dot2)

Hello there, I am a brazilian light designer/board operator and programmer/lighting technician/follow spot operator/ deck eletrician (we pretty much get to do everything around here) . I have been working for almost 12 years mostly on theather and dance productions, but lately also concerts, circus, and international shows performing here. I have worked on many venues in São Paulo and some in others states in Brazil. I think i'm browsing CB for 2 years now, mostly for researching about consoles programming and compatibility issues. as I dont get along very well with manufacturers manuals as I get with Youtube tutorials or online foruns. I never registered as a user before because frankly, all I needed to ask was already there in the forums. So instead of posting a question I will briefly describe our local rental market.
Here in my city we have major rental houses for lights and sound. We can get pretty much anything as abroad -movers, ETC SR4, Altmann, follow spots, LEDs ...(except HOG ! I think only a couple of places have this console, by demand of international LDs) Chamsys also is not well known around here.
Here the Standards consoles lately have been ETC for theather productions and Avolites for concerts (before that we had Strand, Jands, NSI and ADB) We still have some smaller places (all dimmer rig) with 3 -scene manual preset consoles, as well as Venues with ETC express, but most places already updated to Ion or Element (Smart Fade is also popular in smaler venues due to its low cost and easy of use)
Now MA is getting in the market also, and I expect to find more and more of their products on the road and on venues (especially the more afforfable dot2)
Welcome aboard Sir, it's about time you joined us.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back