Guitar Player stuck as the sound guy

tgt007

Hey Everyone, I am a musician and unfortunately tasked with handling my band's sound requirements. I recently upgraded our PA system from a powered mixer setup to a more sophisticated system and am now getting horrible feedback through two of the mics. Haven't had any luck figuring it out and hope someone might have some advice. Here's our set up... We have 5 vocal mics (4 sennheiser e835, and 1 EV D767a) We run them into a yamaha MG206c mixer. The 2 lead vocals mics run through a dbx 166 compressor via the "insert" plug on the mixer. All input signals then are sent out the aux 1 and aux 2 ports to a dbx 31 band 2ch EQ, then into a Behringer 2500 amp. From there, aux 1 goes to 2 floor monitors for drummer and bass player, aux 2 to 3 monitors for guitar players and keyboardist. Two of the mics (the ones using the compressor via "insert") feedback terribly if they are both on at the same time and turned up beyond med/low volumes. I can mitigate it to an extent with the EQ to get some more volume, but by the time I get it to where it needs to be, i've cut so many mid/high frequencies that most of the tone is gone. We're good about all the mics facing away from monitors. Again, the two culprit mics seem to feed off each other. Incidentally, i run the main signal through a Lexicon MX200 effects processor before going into the amps, then mains. However, I don't use the mains for rehearsal....only floor monitors. Thoughts???

Welcome to CB ; )

General stuff, are the mics to close to each other? Are there any monitors are main PA pointing towards two mics? Have you tried running only the main pa with the two mics? Have you tried bypassing the compressor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back