Have to share!

jstroming

So I'm on a gig this weekend in Costa Rica. El hombre from the house crew decides this is the best way to take down fixtures from the ceiling. Adios Amigo! :mrgreen:

Same gig, Costa Rica. As El Hombre is standing on the truss trying to figure out why his twofer isnt working, he throws this down to the ground. "No Works!" he says to me and his amigo with a laugh. Oh boy! FUn times in Central America!

I was on vacation in Mexico a few years ago and went to an outdoor variety show/buffet type thing. Near the end of the show they had a decent sized pyro display. I kid you not, they were setting the bloody things off by pressing a cigar into the paper fuses.

Yep. I don't think I've ever seen more disregard for fall arrest than in that first picture.

As for the second one, I would think that the missing pin would have just been duct-taped in, assuming the lack of basic safety is throughout the facility.

Yep. I don't think I've ever seen more disregard for fall arrest than in that first picture.

Aw, come on, he's holding on to the ceiling. Isn't that enough? :rolleyes:

funny enough but i had my dad help me move so lights one day at school (because he is a GC and had a scaffolding tall enough to reach them) where he did the same thing. he was 20ft high one foot on a wood plank and the other on the metal bar of the scaffolding. he is from Italy so it most be a foreign thing. :mrgreen:

Somewhat off-topic, but itie's story reminded me of something. We had a 70 or 80-something year old member of my church who was a professional painter help with some painting a year or two ago, and he said, when he was younger, he was part of a crew hired to paint the inside of a courthouse dome 30-something feet in the air. They put up a scaffolding tower in the middle of the room and ran a wooden plank between it and another tower that they moved around the edges of the room. Things have changed...

This is not just a "foreign" thing. Same exact thing happens in the U.S. How many colleges still use A-Frame ladders? How many community theatres have people that will monkey down a batten? Compared to what people that build buildings on high steel do or the guys that replace light bulbs on smokestacks nothing in our industry compares.

proxy.php

It is posts like Pie's that make me glad my high school bought a Genie.

Then I remember that the Genie doesn't fit ANYWHERE when we have a set up and we have to break out the A-frame anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back